Groundbreaking, high risk and green? Innovate with the EIC Accelerator
With the Green Deal programme, the European Commission wishes to contribute to a more sustainable, cleaner, safer and healthier Europe. The EIC Accelerator is one of the instruments deployed to this end. The scheme focuses in particular on state-of-the-art and groundbreaking green innovations in the SME.
Green Deal for a sustainable Europe
The European Green Deal aims at making Europe more sustainable. One of the instruments to achieve the Green Deal targets is Europe’s largest subsidy scheme for research and innovation: Horizon Europe. In total, € 1 billion will be made available for calls within Horizon Europe in order to support the Green Deal. The EIC Accelerator (previously SME instrument) is part of the Horizon Europe Programme and intends to bring high-quality green SME innovations more rapidly to the market.
Requirements Green Deal
The European Innovation Council Accelerator (EIC) programme targets SME parties that can contribute to the objectives of the Green Deal by means of realisation of high-quality, groundbreaking innovations. Do you want to be considered for a Green Deal? Then your project should demonstrably contribute to at least one of the following objectives:
- Achieving the European climate targets
- Supplying clean, affordable and safe energy
- Contributing to the transition to a green and/or circular economy (including recycling and waste prevention)
- Building and renovating in an energy-efficient and resource-efficient way
- Accelerating the transition to sustainable and smart mobility
- Contributing to a fair, healthy and environmentally-friendly food system
- Preserving and restoring ecosystems and biodiversity
- Realising an environment without pollution and poisonous agents
Final steps to market introduction
The EIC programme aims to stimulate and accelerate the roll-out of new products and services by means of grants and (possibly) equity funds. Only parties that are relatively advanced in their product development and merely need to take the final steps towards market introduction are eligible.
More information and applications
Do you want to be considered for a Green Deal for your groundbreaking innovation, or do you have questions about this subsidy scheme? Then please contact Roy Hoven, manager Subsidiefocus, by calling +31 (0)73-6465475 or send Roy an email. He will help you understand your options and explain the rules. Curious to find out about previously made and successful applications? Read about the experiences of Lightyear or Cerescon.